4/25/2014 8:59:00 PM
GOLF SELECTED FOR SIXTH CONSECUTIVE NCAA REGIONAL TOURNAMENT
INDIANAPOLIS, IND.---The NCAA has announced the field of 80 teams and 32 student-athletes competing as individuals that have been selected to participate in regional competition of the 2014 NCAA Division II Men's Golf Championships. The regional competitions will be conducted May 5-7. This is the sixth straight year the Golden Lions have earned a bid into the tournament.
At a minimum, the top three teams and the top two student-athletes not with a team from each regional (regardless of region) will advance to the finals May 19-23, at The Meadows Golf Course in Allendale, Michigan. The remaining eight team berths will be allocated based on the regions represented in the prior year's medal-match portion of the championships, with the maximum number of teams from a given region capped at seven. The finals will be hosted by Grand Valley State University.
Edgewood Country Club; Charleston, West Virginia; hosted by the Mountain East Conference.
1. Indiana (Pennsylvania)
2. California (Pennsylvania)
3. Charleston (West Virginia)
4. West Chester
5. Millersville [Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference]
6. West Liberty
10. Virginia State [Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association]
1. Jess Ferrell, Fairmont State
2. Tyler Browning, Bluefield State
3. Brian Bir, Notre Dame (Ohio)
4. Joe Burkinshaw, Shepherd
1. Wilmington (Delaware) [Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference]
2. Adelphi [Northeast-10 Conference]
3. St. Thomas Aquinas
4. Le Moyne
6. Concordia (New York)
8. Southern New Hampshire
9. American International
1. Keith Prokop, Dominican (New York)
2. Ross Earnshaw, Post
3. Garrett Brown, Goldey-Beacom
4. Joe Parker, Philadelphia U.